Three Ingredient pancakes!
I promised that I would post the recipe for our go to quick healthy breakfast pancakes, so here it is:
1 very ripe banana
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Mash banana in a bowl to as fine a consistency as you can.
- Crack two eggs into the same bowl and whisk with a fork until combined.
- Add cinnamon and mix again.
- Heat a little of your chosen oil (I use coconut oil) in a good non-stick frying pan on high.
- Once hot use a ladle to add half the mixture to the pan into three separate pancakes and leave for about 3 minutes. Don’t be tempted to touch too early as some people have had problems with them breaking up.
- Check that these pancakes have cooked on the underside by gently lifting with a spatula to look underneath, where they should be firm and have turned a golden brown. If you’re happy then turn over to cook for the same time on the other side.
- Start again from number 5 and make the next three pancakes so you’ve got 6 in total from your one banana and two eggs. Genius!
- Serve with your choice of toppings. Our favourite is greek yoghurt, fruit and honey!
Try something different…
For a super sweet fix, instead of the cinnamon I sometimes add cacao powder to make chocolate pancakes (still dairy free!) and serve with Sweet Freedom Choc Shots or Fruit Syrup.
We’ve been making these for years now and my 5 year old Daughter prefers them over any other American style pancakes. Plus they’re so quick and easy to make that we manage them a couple of times a week even on a school day, so a great way to keep the little people happy and well fed!
I’d love to know if you try making them, so please send me over any comments or pics of you and yours tucking into them and if you’re happy for me to I’ll share some of the best images on my Facebook page and other social media accounts!